What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a manual exfoliation treatment that gives you glowing, dewy, fresh looking skin instantly.
A surgical grade scalpel is used to gently scrape away the top layer of the skin, removing trapped dirt, peach fuzz hair and oil leaving the skin glowing, dewy and incredibly soft. Dermaplaning is a great option for anyone looking to have flawless looking skin with or without makeup.
Why have dermaplaning? • Reduces fine lines and acne scarring.
• Removes vellous hair (Peach Fuzz).
• Increases cell turnover promoting younger, fresher skin.
• Removes trapped oil and dirt.
• Safe treatment for all skin types and ages.
• Results are immediately visible.
• Better penetration of your skincare products.
• No downtime required, you can get back to your routine immediately.
Who can be treated?
Dermaplaning is a great treatment for anyone with dry skin, fine lines, pigmentation and acne scarring. It is particularly beneficial for ageing skin to assist with cell turnover. Unfortunately i cannot treat anyone with active acne or other skin conditions which could be exacerbated.
How often should I have a treatment?
Every 4-6 weeks is recommended.
How will my skin look after?
Your skin will be extremely soft and glowing, you may experience some redness, although this will go down within 1-12 hours.
✨ Aftercare ✨
• Exercise or vigorous physical activity should be avoided until redness has subsided. • Avoid direct sun exposure, including sunbeds, avoid self tanners for the first week. • SPF 30+ must be applied daily to the treated area for a minimum of four weeks, however we recommend continued daily use. • Twice daily cleanse the treated area with a post treatment cleanser, followed by a serum or treatment cream and follow with SPF 30+ sunscreen.