Just in case you missed us on @fox13now today, we made a delicious Miso Udon Noodle Soup. It’s the perfect cure for winter blues! Recipe below👇🏻 Ingredients:
1 1/2 TB vegetable oil
2 TB sliced garlic
2TB white miso paste
1 tsp ground coriander
7 cups vegetable broth
8 oz dry udon noodles
6-8 leaves of bok choy, trimmed & rinsed
2 small carrots, peeled and julienned
1/2 cup mushrooms
1/4 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup snow peas
Chili oil for topping
Slices green I on for garnish
1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Lightly fry garlic and ginger in oil being careful not to burn.
2. Add miso paste and gently smash clumps. Add one cup of vegetable broth and stir over medium heat until smooth.
3. Add remaining broth and coriander. Simmer for 10 minutes and salt the broth. Strain broth to remove garlic and ginger pieces.
4. Cook udon noodles according to directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
5. Add mushrooms, peas and carrots to the broth and boil for 3 minutes. With 1 minute remaining, add bok choy leaves.
6. To assemble the soup, place 1 cup of noodles into a deep bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of broth and vegetables. Top with sprouts, green onion, sesame seeds and a dash of chili oil. Serve piping hot and enjoy!